Monday, March 17, 2014

Happy St Patrick's Day Family and Friends



OH my gosh how amazing is my mission?!? So amazing we had transfers and yes I’m staying here in Yakima city for 6 more weeks with my amazing companion sister Davis. I’ve grown to love her. We are so different but we get along so well!!! She is always there when I’m having a hard time. Well since I’ve gotten here the work has been slow. We haven’t picked anyone up and it’s really hard to stay positive. and it’s sometimes hard not to think to yourself I just want to go home. I’m not cut out to be a missionary. Well guess what that’s the adversary saying sister Steen and Davis you’re about to do amazing things and I’m going to make it so dang hard for you that you will give up. Well guess what. I decided the day that I talked to my mission president, before I got my companion that I’m never ever giving up even when it feels like that’s all I can do. On Thursday we had a doctrine of Christ training and oh my gosh! The whole time I felt the spirit so strong. It made me so sad because you don’t feel it like that all the time. During your mission you feel it when you’re teaching and the spirit overwhelms the room. When truth is being taught the people feel it. I know they do and that’s their agency to accept it. It really is sad when they don’t. I’ve been looking at these people that I have tracted into as close family. Like I love these people so so much that I want them to have this gospel in their lives. Life is so scary without Christ right beside you. We went tracting on Saturday and the last house we went to, this lady wasn’t even rude. But just what she said hurt so bad and when we walked away I cried and my companion wanted to. Then we went to a baptism and the spirit was so strong there. I got to talk to so many people and lots of them know the THOMSONS that worked at NRI with me on grounds :) just talking to all these people about work and them being shocked that I’m this girl that loves to work here. It’s so funny. Anyway we were invited to go out to eat with the elders and this lady and her son. She paid for us. She was so nice. She is kind of less active and it’s sad because they won’t feed the sisters in their ward anymore because how rude they were to her. It broke my heart. This lady is amazing and I hope I get to be in her ward one day before I go home. I hugged here and told her how amazing she is and it was funny whenever I’m nice to people they say I’m so cute and then I feel like this 10 year old little girl bahaha. On our way home i started crying because I was talking to elder Wolfgram and told him the work is slow and I’m not able to teach a lot of lessons and i don’t know what to do. He just said we can do roll plays and he just really cared about what was going on. So anyway I was crying because my companion was like “this has never happen to me before.” “The work has never just stopped like this.” It hurt because it made me feel like it’s all my fault. I know it’s not but it feel like that sometimes. I’ve never wanted to find someone just to help them feel the spirit so bad. I am just planting seeds. If that’s all I do my whole mission that’s enough. As long as I’m helping them make the first step. It’s hard hearing all these amazing miracles happening all around us. So many people are being baptized. but I’m happy now because I’m really doing the best I can. God knows and I can’t let it get me down. I’m never giving up on these people. God didn’t how could I!!!??? we were at the eye doctor on Friday and after my appointment a lady that works there came up to us and was asking us if we did service and we got super exited. She asked if she could pay us and we were like no we want to help you. It was just really funny how she didn’t want us to feel like she is using us. She is so cute. So next Monday we are going to help her in her Garden. Yay!! My favorite thing to do!!! Angie is amazing she went to full church yesterday and I just love her so much. She treats me like her granddaughter. lol Every time we leave her house she kisses me on the cheek. Ii feel like a little kid all the time. lol I think that’s one thing I’m doing for people. I’m showing them that I care about them. Even if it’s just the members that see it we need their help. So we are going to start going to member’s houses and teaching them so that they can feel the spirit and get to know us and trust us. So they will start opening their mouths and talking to people. I love this ward and I love Yakima so much. Today is ST Patrick ’s Day and the kids of the family we live with make leprechaun traps. So cool! But their house was a mess when we woke up. The leprechauns got in to everything! It was fun :) So I don’t have anything green so a member lent me some green today.

March 17, 2014
I just want you to know that this church is true. It’s the one true church on this earth today I don’t doubt it at all. The gospel of Jesus Christ is amazing and the plan of happiness is breathtaking. Knowing where we came from and that we chose to follow Gods is amazing and knowing our purpose on this earth learning and growing to be able to return to Gods presence. Who wouldn’t want that amazing truth and knowledge in their life? And not being afraid to die of not being so depressed that someone that u truly love and care about has passed away and just knowing that they’re in a better place. They’re with family and with God they are perfect. They feel no pain. They get to, if they didn’t in this life time, they get to choose to accept the gospel. How amazing is that? I know Thomas S Monson is a living prophet and was called of God. I know he receives revelation and we are able to learn and grow in the church. I know joseph Smith saw God and his son in the sacred grove. I just know it. I feel the spirit so strong as I’m saying it now. God loves all of his children. The book of Mormon is the key to this work. Read it, ponder it and pray so that you can receive revelation. I’m so grateful for the family I have to set such an amazing example to me. I’ve learned and grown from them and that’s Gods plan for us to learn and to grow from our families. I know God called me here to the Kennewick mission in Yakima to gain a stronger testimony of his divine truth! Amen

I love you all so much and miss you so much more!!!



Love Sister Lacey Catherine Steen






No comments:

Post a Comment