Tuesday, March 25, 2014

March 24, 2014



Ok so this week was crazy. We got a new investigator we tracted into Nester and came back on Sunday and taught them more about the book of Mormon. He was asking all these questions me and Sister Davis were so excited because none of our investigators are progressing. On Sunday we were talking to them and he said he doesn’t think he could leave their church for ours which was really sad. I bore my testimony about why I went on a mission and I felt the spirit so strong. I just started crying and I just felt so sad that they didn’t want to learn more. We gave them a copy of the book of Mormon to keep and they seemed exited that they still could read it so they might not be ready now but one day they will be :) so Sister Davis got her visa!! She is going to Brazil Vetorea mission so cool!! She has 3 weeks left here with me. Transfers are in 4 weeks so I will be in a trio with the sister training leaders which is scary to think about. I got a picture with the Dearingers. I found out I’m related to them. Their kids and brother Derringer were at a family reunion that was in Washington. The one where we were camping in the back yard. So cool! They are an awesome family :) We had stake conference which was amazing. It’s crazy how much I got out of it. Usually I feel like I am just tired and want it to be over. Since I’ve been out I don’t want it to end because I feel the spirit so strong. I love feeling that way. Everything they say I think how I need to use it in my life. Everyone should get something out of stake conference. If you just think oh so and so should be here because they need to live there life like this. No, that’s not what it’s all about. It’s to strengthen you. Worry about you and how you can better yourself and your family!! :) cool story! So I’ve been doing eye therapy for like 2 weeks now and it’s crazy how much my eyes are getting better. I can read longer and my eyes don’t get tired as fast. I haven’t had any headaches for so long and I just love reading. We have an 80 day scripture challenge and we have to read 4 chapters a day and when I first got out I could read one chapter and then personal study would be over which made me really sad because I didn’t get much out of it. Now I can read 4 chapters and also read in Preach my Gospel for 30 min plus read a little bit in the New Era. You have no clue how much my reading has improved. It’s part of having confidence in myself that was one thing that was really holding me back. This mission has given me confidence. I now know how to focus my eyes and take small breaks so my eyes don’t get tired. I just want to cry I am so happy. I have an opportunity not only to help others but to help myself so I can do better when I get home and go to college. I love Yakima and all the people in it. A lady that we tracted into started crying and told us that her granddaughter was in the hospital. She was not fully developed and was only about a month old. We shared a scripture with her and prayed with her and she said we were angels sent from God and that she was about to go to bed and didn’t know if she was going to be able to sleep and now she thinks she can. We gave her our number and told her to call if she ever needs anything or just needs someone to talk too. I gave her a big hug and I just wanted to stay with her and make sure she was ok. but we had to go. I prayed for her to feel peace and comfort last night. We went to a less active family’s house and their son was there. It was super awkward because the whole time I felt like they were trying to set us up. ahhhh I shared a scripture and the mom was like” go sit by her so u can see what she is reading” I am so glad he didn’t. lol We gave him a Book of Mormon though and I asked him if he would read it because the Book of Mormon is important to me and I know it can bless his life. Then we left. lol umm I don’t know I just love it here. That’s all I can say. I miss you all and can’t wait to be home with you. I will probably just sleep in my parents room because I won’t no how to be alone ;)



Love forever and always Sister Steen!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment