Tuesday, April 1, 2014

March 31, 2014



Last Monday we did service for a potential investigator. A lady that works for doctor Winters, the eye doctor. Well we got to help her make her garden look amazing. :) It was fun and we got to get to know her and her husband. They are really nice people. We got a new investigator this week. She was a referral from sister Funk and hermana Bernson. She wants to know more about family history and we got to teach her more about the book of Mormon. She is really excited. We have a church tour coming up with her. Our investigator Juan is amazing. He prayed for us after our last lesson with him. We told him he can pray in Spanish if that’s easier for him. He started off in Spanish than went to English. It was an amazing prayer and it made me so happy. We had specialized training and interviews this week. I talked to President Wear and he asked me if I was doing ok. I am. I am doing amazing! The work is hard here but it’s so amazing. You are always tired, all the time. But you manage to just deal with it because the work is so important!! The training was on the book of Mormon. I loved it! oh my gosh I love the book of Mormon! It’s the key stone to our religion!!! It’s what holds it all together. We are supposed to use the book of Mormon in everything we teach because it is that important. The book of Mormon answers any question you have. It’s amazing. I’ve prayed for help in so many things and I’ve sought out answers in the book of Mormon. I know the book of Mormon is true. That it will help you in your everyday lives and that it is the word of God. Heavenly Father loves us so much that he gave us this tool in our lives, this road map to help us return to our Heavenly Father. I want you all to no how much the book of Mormon means to me. One day we were tracting and this lady came to the door and told us that she doesn’t want to hear what we have to say. She has read that book of the Mormons and she has better things to do then to read that!! Instantly I just wanted to cry. I wanted to say to her how dare you talk about the book of Mormon like it’s nothing. But I didn’t. I told her to have a great day and smiled at her and walked away. I’ve learned love and patients through the book of Mormon. I’ve learned how to be more Christ like. The book of Mormon is the key to get back to Heavenly Father. Use it. Read it every single day. It’s so important!!!! We had women’s conference this week and it was so amazing. oh my gosh!! I cried it was so good. I missed my mommmy for sure but just being able to know my mom was watching it too helped :) during the conference a lady that was one of our potential investigators, but moved and is now the other sisters, had a seizure during the last two talks. It was really sad but she is ok now. She has epilepsy. We missed the last two talks so I’m sad about that. After the broadcast we were invited to go out to eat with an awesome lady in the elders ward. She asked us how we decided that we wanted to go on a mission and we both told her our story. On Saturday we did service for the Gibson’s, a less active family. We painted brother Gibson’s water truck. He was only expecting us to maybe get half of one side of the truck done but because my daddy taught me how to work hard we got the whole water truck painted in 2 hours. He was super impressed. The paint is oil based so we had to use paint thinner to get it off our hands. lol umm that was before the women’s broadcast. On Sunday we stopped by the Gibson’s. They had just finished the Spanish races that they held at their farm and Brother Gibson told us to tell our dads that he is really impressed how our daddies raised us and he is still shocked that we got that whole water truck done



Well I love you all and everything is amazing here!!!



Love Sister Steen



No comments:

Post a Comment