Monday, April 28, 2014

April 28, 2014



Ok so we got transfer calls and I’m staying in Yakima at the Blacks house and my new companion is Sister Harris. She is so awesome. We just get along really well. We work good together and miracles are just happening all over. The adversary is working hard trying to make us discouraged at times but that what prayer is for, to ask God for the strength to keep moving on. Sister Harris and I are basically the same person so it really easy to get along.


My eye therapy is going really good. My eyes are getting better and better. I’m almost to the test to see where I am in therapy. It scares me a little because I don’t know if I’ll be a lot better than my first one but I really hope so. Anyway at my last appointment the lady at the desk, that me and Sister Davis did yard work for, was talking to me and I asked her when we can come back. So we set up an appointment to do service :) and she is going to feed us pizza yummmmm and tomorrow we have service for Angie, our new convert, she lives with the Glens. Sister Glen fell and broke her hip :( it’s really sad but she already had surgery and she is in a nursing home until she can get better. Brother Glen is a little depressed :( but he gets to see her almost every day. I don’t know what he would do without her. They’re in their 90s so I’m pretty impressed how strong they are.

So service for Angie, we are helping her get the deck ready for painting. I’m really excited and the past few days we have been going through the phone and OYMing people. (Open Your Mouth so kinda like knocking doors or street contacting but it was on the phone) We have so many appointments set up by doing that. Most of the time that doesn’t happen so I know the Lord is blessing me and Sister Harris :) me and Sister Harris decided we are going to tell President Wear that he doesn’t have to worry about us. We can be together for more than one transfer. We know he has a lot to worry about so we just wanna help by saying we work well together ;) haha sister Harris is dying here in Yakima in 3 months and going home. I’m already going to miss her. We have a lot of people to get baptizes this transfer. So we need to work hard. We have one on date for May 17 now and we have 7 that we want to put on a date so pray for us and things will work out. These people are so amazing. We love them so much. I know I’m here for a reason and it gets hard at times and i want to pack up and go home but it’s never worth giving up as long as I have faith in God I will never give up. I’ll always work hard and I’ll keep loving everyone around me. Not a lot has happened this week until Wednesday came around and I got my new companion but I’m pretty sure that’s all. Oh, funny story, I got asked to do a training on a Christ like attribute again. Funny story since I’ve been out I’ve been asked to do one of those every time without fail and my companions never get asked. haha Guess that’s what I get for never saying no to the work of God :) Oh well I’m really exited so it will be alright i miss you all and love getting letters from you I try to write back as soon as I can but the work gets busy :) well love you all



Love Sister Steen

Me and my new and fav comp sister Harris :D

Me, my mom sister Davis, and my grandma Sister Funk

Me and Sister Harris

Sister Enmen Sister Steen Sister Bernson Sister Micmertree Sister Funk 

Pday Me and Sister Harris


No comments:

Post a Comment