Monday, August 4, 2014

August 4, 2014



This week has gone by so fast ahhhh!!! Getting doubled in has been good even though we have to start all over. Its helped me to really understand why updating the books is so important and why planning is so important. If we don’t do these things it just makes us look like bad missionaries.

We have met so many amazing people and we have a new investigator, Miles, in the Ridgeview ward. Bikes are so nice to have but if we had a car we would get so much more done. haha oh well. It’s really just been try by after try by. It’s a little discouraging cuz half of them don’t open the door and the rest aren’t interested. Once in a while we get someone :) and it’s all worth it in the end. There’s this newlywed couple in our ward and the wife wants to be my friend so bad. It makes me feel good hahah cuz so many people don’t like us here and knowing someone does just makes me happy. hahah umm I wish I had some amazing stories but right now i don’t. We get to teach at a FHE tonight. We will teach this mom and dad how to have FHE and we are going to get them in to preach my gospel cuz one of their sons is struggling in the gospel. It’s kind of scary being the one that has to help them be more active. I don’t want to mess up but we will be guided by the spirit.

I love it here in Kennewick :) we got to go in the 14 and 15 year old class during 2nd hour at church and we shared with them why we went on missions. Every time I share that I get really emotional. I can only imagine how my life would be if I hadn’t gone on a mission. I’ve grown sooo much :) thanks mom for that quote. It’s changed my life.

Love Sister Steen

President Ezra Taft Bensen



“men and women who turn their lives over to God will find out that he can make a lot more out of their lives than they can. He will deepen their joys, expand their vision, quicken their minds, strengthen their muscles, lift their spirits, multiply their blessings, increase their opportunities, comfort their souls, raise up friends, and pour out peace. Whoever will lose his life to God will find he has eternal life.”

 Zone Conference
" I cut my hair!"
"Just kidding!"

No comments:

Post a Comment