Wednesday, October 1, 2014

October 1, 2014



We got to see “Meet the Mormons” this week on Tuesday. It was amazing. I loved it. It was so funny and then at the end so spiritual!!! My companion has bronchitis so we have been in for about 3 weeks. I’ve been able to study a lot. We had women’s conference and what I got out of it was temples and being worthy to have the covenants you receive and being worthy to do the Lords work. I’m so excited for conference we are going to try to have a member at every session. Conference on the mission is like Christmas. Hearing a living prophet speak is the best gift ever. I love being a member of the LDS church. I have a strong foundation in the gospel and I know my purpose in this life. A member gave me and my companion a cute card. She said she wants us to put all the qualities we want in a future husband on it. So I have been doing that and she said if I look at every day I will never be tempted to lower my standards. It’s an amazing thing serving a mission. You see hundreds of people every day and you see what you want your life to be like and what you don’t. I want all my friends that aren’t LDS to take a moment and really think about how your life is right now. Then think about how you want your life to be. Then I invite you with all the love that I have for each of you to read the Book of Mormon and pray to your Father in Heaven and ask if this gospel is true. I promise you that if you ask with a sincere heart really wanting to know the truth God will guide you and give you the answer. As a representative of Christ I know this gospel is Christ’s gospel restored on the earth again by a living prophet and that we have a prophet today Thomas S Monson. I know that he receives revelation for the entire world from God and that we can hear the prophet speak on Saturday and Sunday because technology has grown so much we have the privileges to listen to the prophet all across the world. I know this is real. That it’s not just some church but its Christ’s church. I know this because I prayed and I was able to feel the spirit testify that truth to me. All I can do is invite you and tell you this gospel has changed my life and my family’s lives. I’ve been a member my whole life but they day I really knew this was Christ’s true church is when I was living the gospel every day. I cannot deny it. I was able to go to the temple today and I had such a peace and happiness going in there to do this work for someone who has passed away and didn’t have the opportunity to except the gospel and being able to feel them right there is amazing. I didn’t want to leave because I know that it’s the house of the Lord and that satan is not allowed in the doors. I was able to get away from this world for a little and really pray for comfort and pray for my investigators family and friends and really feel Him nearby. This feeling is the best feeling you will ever feel and you can feel it too. I love you all so much and I would never forgive myself if I didn’t invite the people I love to take this and try it. God loves you all and wants your happiness. I wish I had more to say. Just know this is the hardest thing I’ve ever done. Being a missionary and sharing the gospel but I know it’s so important to Christ and it will bring so many people happiness including me. I’m so grateful I excepted the call to serve here. It is worth it!

I love you all.



Love Sister Steen

No comments:

Post a Comment