Monday, June 15, 2015

June 15, 2014



 

 
 My District
Me and Sister Satele


me and Heramana Harsten


Aaron Royer's baptisum :) 


last pday we had a sisters pday :) my sister training leaders sister Jonson and Hanson

our district except the district leader and his companion lol





This week has been slow. We just got a new ward mission leader and he is going to be so good for the 1st ward :) We had a meeting with him and his wife yesterday. We have set up meetings for every week and then a big meeting once a month with one person in all the axillaries :) I’m so excited. I think we might be getting a new one in the 2nd ward to cuz he is moving soon but he is so great. We want to have meetings like we are doing in first ward to so that the work really grows in this area. It’s gotten slow but we still keep seeing miracles every day :) We got a referral for an older guy named Mike. He is a little hard of hearing. We set up a ride for him to come to church and he didn’t end up coming. After church we ran to his house and he was just sitting in the grass. When he saw us he said the ride never showed up and he looked soooooo sad. We felt terrible. He has read the Book of Mormon multiple times and reads every night. We invited him to pray to know if it’s true and we are going to have are first real lesson with him tomorrow :) He is so prepared. He told us that he has always wanted to come to our church and he was just waiting for someone to invite him. He is so elect and I think the adversary is doing all he can to make sure that Mike doesn’t have the opportunity to make covenants with the Lord but the spirit is so much stronger then satan so I know he is going to make it :) We have been praying specifically for a lady over ager 75 to 85 to baptize. Then we met mike lol so we think he is the one even though he is a guy. That’s fine with us :) All we seem to know is how to teach men, mostly single father’s haha kind of funny. Phil is still doing good. He is still living the WOW. (word of wisdom) ;) and I’m still strong and not drinking pop :) woot we had a baptism on Saturday for Aaron Royer. I got to give the talk on the Holy Ghost. I was really nervous at first but once I got up there the spirit just took over :) it was sooooo cool. The baptism went so good. A lot of Aarons family is less active so they were all there and it was hard not to feel the spirit soo we will see ;) I love this area and I’m staying for the rest of my mission. Woot!! I love my companion. We had a really good talk last night and we are so excited for this area. We have some really good ideas that we are going to share with our ward mission leaders :)

I know this is Christ’s true church. I know that Joseph Smith was called to be a prophet of the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that the priesthood was also restored to the earth. I know that we have a living prophet today, Thomas S. Monsen and I know that he is given revelation for all of God’s children in the modern day world. I know because God loves us that all men everywhere will have the opportunity to accept or reject Christ’s gospel. I know that Christ lives and that the Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ. I know that the Book of Mormon goes hand and hand with the bible and that Christ’s gospel is simple doctrine and anyone who is a true seeker of truth can know that this is the true church. I know all this to be true. I’ve prayed multiple times a day for almost 18 months and I can say for myself that this is true. I invite you member or non-member to act in faith. Come unto Christ. Read the Book of Mormon with an open heart and pray to know if it’s true. Christ’s teachings are simple. They are not complicated. Just ask God. He is your father and He loves you and wants you to come back to Him.



I love each and every one of you. I miss you!!
Love Sister Lacey C Steen

2 comments:

  1. I am so impressed with the growth I have seen in you. It is evident through your letters that you have truly been touched by the Spirit. What an amazing example you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so impressed with the growth I have seen in you. It is evident through your letters that you have truly been touched by the Spirit. What an amazing example you are!

    ReplyDelete