Monday, June 22, 2015

June 22, 2015

At the library. Time to email our families :D

ok so my week has just been really slow and we are just trying to find new people. The beginning of the week was crazy. Lol We finally had are lesson with Mike he is about 70 and is kinda deaf lol so we have to talk really loud. He was in the back yard helping Lucas set up the pool. We started the lesson and decided that we should just read the restoration pamphlet with him and then ask some questions to see how much he got out of it. so we did that and the first thing we asked is about prophets. We said do you believe we have a living prophet today and he was like yea that’s how it’s supposed to be. So we got really excited and kind of caught off guard so we moved on and went into how Christ set up his church and the apostasy and he was just nodding his head yes. So we went into the first vision and we asked him if he believes that Christ’s church has been restored to the earth and he was like yeah it’s already been restored that’s what is supposed to happen. we were just like blown away so we went on and asked do you believe that the church of Jesus Christ of latter-day saints is Christs restored church and he was like yea of course it is everyone should know that. I think they just choose not to. Then we invited him to be baptized on the 11th of July and he just had a huge smile on his face and was like I can do that? I was going to ask. Whooo!!! I can finally be a true Mormon hallelujah!! After that Lucas was like I want to be baptized. So we looked at him and smiled and asked him if he wants to get baptized on the same day as Mike and he said yes and then he was like what is baptism. So I went over to him and showed him a picture of Jesus being baptized and then explained it and he said yeah Ii want to do that. We asked him if he would read and pray to know if it’s true and he said yes. Then after that lesson we just were tracting and street contacting. trying to find new people.

A couple days later we went to do our lesson with Mike and we knocked and no one answered but we both felt like we needed to stay so we waited and knocked again still no answer. We tried by our back up who live across the street and we were able to set up a church tour with her. Sister Satele said she thinks she sees Lucas the boy we are also trying to teach whose family Mike lives with. So we drove by them and it ended up being the older sister and her dad Shad. We talked to her and she was able to go get Mike who was upstairs and just didn’t hear us knocking. lol We had the lesson in the back yard again. It was really short but we mostly taught about the fall and after we explained it really simply he understood why the fall had to happen. It was so cool to see it click :D After that lesson we had a lesson with a Andrea and talked about temples and helped her do laundry. Then on our way to dinner we almost got hit by a truck with a big trailer on it. I don’t know how it didn’t hit me. I saw it at the last second out of the corner of my eye. It was merging in my lane. We were at a stop light so I knew they saw me in the other lane. I don’t know why but it shook me up a bit. My companion was like yeah you would have died. I would just be hurt but you … gone! lol I was like thanks! lol so the rest of this week we have felt like someone is out to get us because we knocked on peoples doors and they let their dogs out to chase us. It was dumb lol and got a water balloon thrown at us. Rude!! All I can do is laugh though because its all just so ridicules and you can just see Gods had in keeping us safe. it’s so hard to find people right now. I don’t know why the second we open our mouths they say not interested or put their hand up or just ignore us. Wow! I think it’s because we found Mike and he is soooo elect. I’m not going to get discouraged. We are also going to start working with less actives and with the wards to help reactivate :) I’m so excited. We are working hard. looking at the numbers we send in is discouraging but we keep pressing forward cuz the Lord knows we are working hard. We saw Vicky and Tory the other day walking some dogs and I pulled over and they said they were hoping to see us there. We invited them to church but they didn’t show up. Mike got there though thanks to the Bagglies and got home safe because of Lara Crowder and her future husband lol they are so cute. We are going through our phone and area book and trying to look for all these potentials and former investigators. It’s going to be hard work but I know it will all pay off in the end. I was asked to give a talk in church on the 26 of July which is my last Sunday in the mission field and I get to pick my topic. I’m going to do it on “As Many as I Love, I Rebuke and Chasten” by D. Todd Christofferson. I’m really exited because this has helped me throughout my whole mission. its changed my life :)

Well I love you all and will see you in about 39days :)



Love Sister Steen
I made this sweet game for our recent converts ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment