Monday, July 6, 2015

July 6th 2015


#HeBrokeIt #TheDistrict2 #ElderMareenoAndElderChristensen #TheLawOfChastety ;)

Hey so we had to be in by 6 on the 4th of July so it was like companion bonding time. lol We watched church movies and we played basketball in our gym down stairs. We live in a tiny room above a member’s garage but we have a massive basketball/dance studio in the basement. It’s pretty sweet and we have a weight machine so I’m getting pretty buff lol

We were able to see fireworks on the 3rd outside our house. They didn’t do them on the 4th, they did them before the PBR ( Professional bull riding) started we didn’t get to go to that but that’s fine. lol

We are teaching a 77 year old guy and he is so excited to be baptized on the11th of July. He is a little rugged so our cute bishop bought him a white shirt, shoes and dress pants but he can’t wear ties because of his arthritis but he really wants a bow tie so I told him I would buy him a clip on bow tie. He came to church on Sunday and it looked like he tried to cut his hair on his own. He missed some spots but he looked pretty spiffy :) We are having some of our resent converts talk for his baptism :D it was funny we got him a ride for his baptismal interview and it was a guy that Mike has never met before. We were asking Mike who he wanted to baptizes him and Mike was like “can that guy that drove me here do it?” and we said we can ask him. So Mike went and asked him and the look on the guys face was sooooo funny. He was shocked but he said yes. The work is a bit slow but I’ve been able to do what my mission president invited us to do and I’ve been able to baptize once a month so I know the Lord is pleased with me. Its way hot in p-town ugh lol the members keep telling us that it’s not supposed to be this hot until the beginning of August so it’s only getting hotter here yay tracting in the heat lol

We have some awesome potential’s that we are going to see this week and hopefully we will be able to start teaching them and invite them to be baptized :) we have interviews with our mission president on Wednesday so I’m really excited. It will be my last one before I go home. We had training last night and it’s just to train my new comp for 12 week and she started reading like she was a news reporter so it turned it to an hour of that which was really funny and we watched the district 2 on the law of chastity which was soooo funny lol I had my last fast and testimony meeting yesterday and it made me sad. I’m really exited to give my talk in church on my last Sunday here. I hope I don’t cry. I love my mission so much and the gospel has just changed my life. I’m so grateful for the love the Savior has for me. Exchanges with the sister training leaders were fun. lol all our appointments fell through when I was with Sister Johnson but we had one that didn’t. It was at the end of the night and we had to teach him at his work which was so cool lol the sisters ward mission leader came for the branch brother hubberd and he brought his non-member friend which was sooooo cool lots of respect to him :) the lesson was amazing and the spirit was so strong at the end we had him pray and he was holding back tears. He really felt the spirit and I’m so excited for him to be baptized

Well I love you all see you in 3 weeks!!



Love Sister Steen

No comments:

Post a Comment