Sunday, November 2, 2014

October 27, 2014



Hey everyone :)



Wow this week was fun and next week is going to be crazy!!!!




So last Monday it was raining!!!! and we parked are car and went street contacting :) super funny! so we were on one side of Columbia center Blvd. and we saw this guy running so we hurried across the street and talked to him. He sat there and listened to what we had to say and funny story he ended up being a bishop over the young single adults. haha it was funny he just let us tell him about the restoration of Christ’s gospel then he told us. we set this goal to get 90 OYMs this week and that means we have to really talk to everyone but not only just talk to them but it had to be quality. That means we had to teach them about the gospel and invite them to do something. Sometimes they really aren’t interested so you invite them to keep having that faith in Christ and share it with everyone. I’ve learned as long as you invite someone to just act on something like their faith in Christ it helps people just to think about our Savior. A couple days later we had a lesson with Adriana she is 10 and her family is coming back in to activation in the church. After our lesson we were walking towards home and as we were walking I started thinking about my week and how much better I could be doing. At times I see myself slacking in the work. I was talking to my companion sister Allred and I told her how I was feeling. I told her that after our companion study that morning I kept thinking about how to be a “preach my gospel” missionary. We have to be worthy to have the spirit with us and I didn’t read that talk yet so when she said that I thought about that last couple weeks and I couldn’t really remember feeling the spirit super strong in any lessons or at the door. so when I was telling my companion that I was basically asking her “am I even worthy to have the spirit with me” and she told me she knows I’ve felt the spirit every day since I’ve been with her. I just cried. I told her I feel it sometimes but not how I thought I would. I realized I let the adversary make me think that I wasn’t worthy to have the spirit. She reminded me that the spirit cannot dwell in unholy places and I gained a strong testimony about how you just have to have faith that even the smallest promptings of the spirit are so powerful. I know I let the adversary make me think that I wasn’t worthy to have the spirit but I am. I know that’s how so many people feel when they don’t get those powerful promptings of the spirit that they feel unworthy but I know that as you repent every day and you keep Gods commandments you will always be worthy to have the spirit with you. I had a cool experience last night. We were knocking doors and I’m pretty sure every person we talked to yelled at us and slammed the door in our face but it was a cool experience when you really feel the Savior carry you from door to door. like He is telling you” I promise you that if you keep going in faith I’ll guide you to some one that is ready to hear My gospel” I felt Christ carry me last night and I had that faith that we would find some one that would listen and we did. His name is Will and he is about 29 or 30 years old. He is a trucker and he is trying to get his life back together. We told him about the Book of Mormon and explained that it’s about the people in the Americas. He asked a lot of questions and we told him if her reads the Book of Mormon and prays with the intent to know he will get that conformation from the spirit that it’s true. We gave him a chapter to read in 3rd Nephi about Christ coming to the Americas. We are going back next Sunday to follow up :) it was a big testimony builder about having faith that Christ will always be there even when you don’t have the physical or emotional strength to go on :) I know when you always have faith that Christ is there and you give him your weaknesses He promises He will make you strong! The spirit was so strong last night! one of our investigators came to church yesterday her name is Jen and she brought her kids. It was the primary program :) it was sooo good :) on Saturday we got to go to this women’s broadcast and we brought a (RC) resent convert Jessica with us and her little girls came too. I think Jessica really liked it. she kept talking about what the lady said and asked me questions :) on our way home it got really windy and we still had to ride our bikes home from her house. Good thing she doesn’t live far. lol we got home safe :)

Well also this week we got to do service on Wednesday. We did service at Badger Mountain we got to fill buckets up with dirt and walk it up or down the mountain and spread the dirt out. 




We are helping build a trail. It was so fun and we got so dusty. It almost started to rain and I wish it did. I love mud :) then on Thursday we went to the ARC we get to spend the morning with adults that have special needs. they are all so fun and they all told us what they are going to be for Halloween :) I got to go play basketball with my companion and some really fun people. Rob was my favorite. Me and him just passed the ball back and forth, it was a workout. lol then we went and just hung out with all of them and just had fun, sang frozen and I got my hair smelled for like 1 min he liked my hair spray and how it smelled lol and I guess that’s how he says hi. He was playing with Elder barbers hair it was cute. oh man I love these people! they are so sweet and we get to go back this week twice, once on Thursday and then on Friday our whole zone is going to help set up for the Halloween party :) oh and I just got and email that my sister Sage just had her baby! He is 8lb 13oz. 20 1/2inches! I’m so lucky to have a new baby nephew. Keep him in your prayers :) I know he is going to be a strong baby with a good mom and dad and big sisters :)



Love Sister Steen
Sams 3rd Birthday!
We saw this when tracting, It was a Muslim Holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment