Wednesday, December 24, 2014

December 22, 2014



We made homemade pies for our bishops and then we dropped them off and caroled to them :D 





Not a lot has happened this week but one thing Jen is on date for baptism for Jan 10th. she is so ready to be baptized. We are so excited. She told us she wasn’t going to be able to come to sacrament meeting this week but she ended up coming. It was so coo l. she loved it. We are doing the 12 days of Christmas for her and got our ward involved with it. Sister Gurny said that it has helped her so much. The first day the bishop stopped by and I guess Jen was feeling really low that day, every day since she has been soo happy. We asked the people doing it to get to know her and introduce themselves. so fun :) me and sister Allred are going to buy Jen a CTR ring. she tried mine on the other day and she wants one so bad so we are giving it to her for the 12th day of Christmas :) we are still working with Jacob and Darren. Today I was studying in the scripters and I read something I didn’t realize. It’s in the book of Mormon in Alma 13 1-3 and as I was reading it I realized that before we came to earth God already chose the prophets and leaders. He already chose Jesus Christ. He already chose Adam and Abraham. well yea we all new that but he also chose people that might not have accepted it and it was cool to come to a realization of that because I am a missionary and I want to share the gospel to everyone I meet but now it’s a little different to think as I’m talking to some guy on the street maybe God called him to be a future LDS Bishop or stake president idk but it’s cool to think how talking to one person is helping Gods plan. God already called them. Wow its cool to think about. I was also thinking about my patriarchal blessing and how we are all different. Not one person is the same. and we are giving a blessing that really just helps us live up to what God wants us to be. I love reading and re reading my patriarchal blessing. I get something new out of it every time. God has a plan for me and who He wants me to become. He has given me a guide. the scripters, my blessing and my amazing parents to be an example. This gospel brings so much peace. in church we were having a discussion and its funny how you can grow up in the church but you find things you haven’t heard about before and how if you have faith and really try to understand it, it makes sense and you have a greater understanding of Gods plan. I cant really describe what the lesson was about without going in to depth of what I was thinking but I love that sense of peace you feel when you understand. I felt the spirit and it was there to testify of what I was being taught :) it was cool to be on the other side of being taught and using my agency to be open to accept what I was learning. I was trying to put myself in the place of someone who is looking in to the church and if you are open to it and willing to try to understand it you are showing God that you have faith in Him and His word and you will be able to feel the holy ghost testify with in your hart of its truthfulness :)

This week I gained a stronger testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know God is real. I know He is our Heavenly Father and that He loved us so much that He gave us this experience on the earth. He let us go so we could grow and learn. as a missionary i understand a little bit of that sadness and joy that God feels every day when people choose to come back to God and follow Him and when people deny Him and choose to deny His existence. it’s a roller-coaster of emotions but we can chose to fallow Him. We can chose to testify of him and help others find him :) I love this gospel. I love my Father in Heaven. I love my Savior and all He has done for us so that we can return to our Fathers presence. I love my family. my mom and dad and 4 older sisters and the things I have learned from them and the examples they are for me. Getting married in the temple and living up to the covenants they made with God. I’m grateful for my aunts and uncles and cousins that chose to be a good example. To go serve full time missions and live their lives in harmony with Christ teachings. I’m grateful for my life and all the things I had to experience. the trials and also the success. its all made me who I am today and that’s Gods plan. we are all here to grow and learn from our mistakes and to find joy in this life and strive to return to our Father in Heaven again. I love this church and I sustain all my church leaders. I know Joseph Smith was called to be a prophet of the restoration and was given the priesthood, the power and authority given by God to speak and act in His name. I know he really did see God the Father and His son Jesus Christ. I know that we have a living prophet today Thomas S Monson and that he holds all the keys to run the Lords church and I know that Gods kingdom is growing the work of God is hastening and we cannot be afraid to share the testimonies that are in our hearts. so many of Gods precious children don’t know or understand the fullness of Christ’s gospel.

I say these things in the name of my Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ amen

Love,

Sister Lacey Steen
More tracting Pictures!
 We are hunters :-)
 Share the gift!



 Sister Gurrny gave us these ornaments.  I love her and brother Gurrny :) 








No comments:

Post a Comment